8x8, Inc. (8x8) Security is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member’s growth as our business grows.
8x8 Security is looking for an Application Security Engineer to help validate that our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios.
A Senior Security Engineer at 8x8 is expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to the 8x8 IT Security team and to multiple groups. Security engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices. You are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be a security thought leader for the organization.
An 8x8 Senior Security Engineer must foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with discordant views. Engineers in this role are expected to participate fully in the planning of the 8x8 IT Security team's work and constantly seek opportunities for process improvement. They should also have a deep understanding of at least one specialty for which they are a sought out resource, while having an understanding of the application of Information Security in a broad range of technical areas.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include project and software development work. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.
- Application security reviews
- Penetration testing
- Projects and research work as needed
- Security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Security guidance documentation
- Security tool development
- Security metrics delivery and improvements
- Assistance with recruiting activities and administrative work
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- An understanding of web services
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Experience implementing secure coding training and documentation with Rapid Secure (Rugged) DevOps Development teams
- Experience working with Security Architecture teams
- Thorough understanding of encryption, and encryption standards such as FIPS 140-2
- Experience working with CI-DC and MCS (storage as a service)
- Plus at least three of the below certifications are preferred:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
- Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- SANS GIAC Certified Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
- SANS GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)