Job Description - Director of Sales Compensation
The Director of Sales Compensation is a critical role in the sales and finance process and will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and the VP of Sales Operations. This position will be responsible for managing the plan design, policies, documentation and processing of commissions [and distribution of incentive plans] for all field and channel partner sales commission plans.
- Manage a team of four and the entire compensation cycle from plan design to compensation pay-out.
- Design and review all incentive compensation plans for effectiveness, incentivization as well as compliance with policies.
- Ensure Callidus and Pentaho commissions calculations comply with the plans.
- Manage and provide input to the sales leaders in design of compensation plans, including Callidus, Pentaho and SFDC (salesforce.com) systems functionality, implementation process, and overall implementation timeline.
- Drive issue resolution process for responding to escalated issues and questions concerning incentive plan design and commission calculation with sales executives and outside partners.
- Manage development and distribution of training, presentation, and other materials for compensation program roll-outs.
- Develop and implement process improvements working and collaborating with Finance, Sales Operations and Sales and Client Services Management, including expense forecasts and quota setting.
- Responsible for ensuring SOX processes and audits are complete and reviewed.
- 7-10 years of equivalent experience, management experience required
- Experience in Compensation design, development, and administration
- Professional with strong organizational, communication, and technical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers of all levels
- Ability to manage programs and processes
- Experience identifying areas for process improvement and driving solutions
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects and ad-hoc requests
- Experience with incentive compensation automation tools, in particular Callidus and Pentaho
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including use of VBA, Vlookup, advanced formulas
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred