The Business Development role is an integral member of the Sales team working under the direction of the Mid-Market Sales Director to ensure outstanding sales to prospective Mid-Market prospects. The purpose of this role is to generate a targeted amount of new business within a various vertical sectors or targeted list by creating and closing new business opportunities in the UK.
- Develop a clear understanding of the 8x8 range of services, in line with overall business objectives.
- Identify all opportunities within allocated target lists.
- Create a business plan/ pipeline detailing current and future business opportunities.
- Develop new customer opportunities and introduce a range of products to include portfolio.
- Generate sufficient new business to ensure sales targets are met and exceeded month on month.
- Grow a sustainable pipeline.
- To secure long-term customer contracts and relationships within the relevant target markets.
- Formulate sales plans / strategies for customer opportunities.
- Demonstrate and sell the ROI for 8x8 products and solutions
- Provide customer presentations, demonstrations and articulation of the 8x8 value propositions at all levels
- Co-ordinate, respond and generate customer proposals, including RFPs and Tender documents.
- Provide pipeline management and accurate forecasting.
- Manage partner relationships.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to assess activity, pipeline and forecasts.
- Demonstrate proven experience as a successful Business to Business Sales consultant selling cloud based services/ telecoms/ contact centre software
- Abile to demonstrate a clear understanding of the sales cycle
- Abile to present accurate Return-On-Investment models for the proposed solution
- Possess strong written documentation skills, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Abile to negotiate complex contracts to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Highly organized and able to plan for short, medium and long-term objectives.
- Proven attention to detail, ensuring complex and highly detailed requirements are satisfied to the highest level.
- Accountable – team player who leads by example and takes absolute ownership and responsibility for their actions.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a positive, proactive attitude.
8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT) is the trusted provider of secure and reliable enterprise cloud communications solutions to more than 45,000 businesses operating in over 100 countries across six continents. 8x8's out-of-the-box cloud solutions replace traditional on-premises PBX hardware and software-based systems with a flexible and scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) alternative, encompassing cloud business phone service, contact center solutions, and conferencing.
In today’s competitive market 8x8 continues to deliver service excellence, with a consistent, innovative, cohesive, progressive and dynamic culture.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, www.8x8.com/UK or connect with 8x8 on LinkedIn,
Twitter, Google+ and Facebook