Reporting to the European Director of Customer & Technical Support and working closely with the Global Program Manager, this role will be responsible for driving global improvements in the systems and technologies used by the 8x8 Customer Support department and its partners. Responsibilities will include assessing the current systems and technologies, making recommendations, producing functional requirements, managing projects and working with the Business Systems and Process and Engineering teams to deliver systems and technology solutions to the global organization. These systems include the case management platform, diagnostic tools, resources to allow support personnel to make changes to customer accounts or services, the technologies that deliver customer contacts to support agents (web portal, phone and chat) and any other systems or technologies that support personnel use to do their jobs. The goals of the position are to enhance workflow efficiency and flexibility, facilitate consistency of service and adherence to policies, gather actionable data to drive process or product improvements and provide users with systems and technologies that are easy to understand and use on a global scale.
The Project Coordinator will interact with other members of the Support Operations team, the Customer Success and Support (CSS) management team, Deployment, Engineering and Product teams, as well as with other functional groups at 8x8 to deliver solutions rapidly, provide proper integration between systems, set expectations and timelines, ensure that users are trained and measure system effectiveness. The Project Coordinator must also be able to prioritise projects based on business needs, taking various system and process dependencies into account.
- Coordinate with the Global Program Manager to deploy new functionality or technology for the global Support organisation, with a focus on Europe.
- Inventory current systems and technologies used by Support; assess usability, performance and suitability for use by various user types.
- Track requests for functionality changes and work with the European Customer Support business teams to create projects based on support initiatives and logical groups of functionalities.
- Taking support initiatives into account; identify technology and functionality gaps, work with the Global Program Manager to research suitable solutions and vendors and make recommendations.
- Work with the Business Systems and Process team to arrive at agreed upon timelines to complete initiatives
- Develop methods and metrics to evaluate effectiveness of deployed solutions.
- Track project management performance, including assessing level of effort estimates against list of Support priorities.
- Maintain user permission, pick list values and other data that controls application behavior in the 8x8 case management systems.
- Strong background in Customer Support Operations.
- Strong project management and system analysis skills for implementing support systems and technology.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and other CRM case management systems.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at analysing business process and developing and implementing practical system to support business initiatives.
- Ability to understand and evaluate a variety of technologies and platforms.
- Solid understanding of software development cycle methodologies such as Agile for implementing support systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
- Enjoy working both independently and within small and large project teams.
- Strong leadership, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build relationship and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience with proven ability to deliver on time and within budget.
- A strong understanding of MS Excel, Visio and PowerPoint will be critical
- Salesforce knowledge would be desirable