8x8 is looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer who is passionate about delivering quality through test automation and cares deeply about delivering the most value to end users as quickly and safely as possible.
- You have a test driven mindset firmly rooted in years of developing quality software
- You have the ability to analyze complex situations/problems and deliver logical and efficient solutions
- You are passionate and can elaborate on the pros and cons of different mobile automation frameworks and methods
If it sounds like we’re describing you, read on!
- Conduct mobile application automation using different frameworks (e.g. Appium, XCUITest, Espresso) in the areas of design, creation, maintenance, deployment and reporting for iOS and/or Android.
- Perform extensive functionality, integration, regression, interoperability and end-to-end system testing when necessary
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that the highest quality software is deployed safely and quickly
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them to a bug tracking database (JIRA)
- Minimum 8 years of overall experience with test automation frameworks
- At least 3 years proven experience with building test automation frameworks for REST API’s and web services
- Experience with building/utilizing industry standard test automation frameworks (Selenium, WinRunner, AutoIT, Rational Functional Tester, Robot Framework, Sikuli, UFT/QTP, etc.) from the ground up
- BS or MS in CS / EE / CE or equivalent related work experience
- Working knowledge with most of the following: VoIP (SIP, RTP), Wireshark (or other similar tools), mobile applications (iOS and Android), backend applications, relational (SQL) and nonrelational (NoSQL) databases, testing client/server architectures, consumer-targeted software, QA best practices / policies, Windows/OSX/Unix/Linux OS, Agile software development environments, computer networking concepts and protocols, Kafka, ELK, TICK, Docker, VMWare, Jenkins, Git.
- Candidate should be: a team player, self-motivated, eager to learn, result oriented, able to work independently when needed, have a strong attention to detail and be able to think “outside the box”
- Must have a proven track record for documenting test plans, test cases, bug reports, and status reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS in CS / EE / CE or related engineering discipline