The 8x8 Global Services Team is seeking individuals with a proven track record of managing complex packaged software implementations, as well as success in developing a services business for cloud-based software companies. The Program Director (PD) is responsible for providing successful deployment experience for Enterprise 8x8 customers. The PD oversees the team of Sales Engineers, Deployment Managers, Deployment Engineers and other team members to define and coordinate all aspects of the deployment, and to ensure the Program is running as planned, within the budget and timelines. Responsibilities also include the leadership of commercial discussions with Customer, as well as developing C levels contacts within the customer organization. The PD is responsible for coordinating program related activities with other 8x8 departments and stakeholders, as is a primary 8x8’s Point of Contact with the customer.
The scope of a program includes defining roles and responsibilities, managing risks and dependencies, and hitting milestones on time while meeting agreed and/or negotiating new customer’s requirements. The PD needs to work closely with Sales Executives and Customer Success Management to ensure end to end management of the project, from the initial scope, to the final provisioning of services, including system deployment, integration, configuration, testing and training, as well as opening the opportunities for further services booking within enterprise customers.
This PD will report to the VP of Global Services in San Jose, CA.
The PD will be based out one of 8x8’s major offices in UK, London or Aylesbury.
- Lead key program meetings with the customer and project stakeholders to gather requirements, design an appropriate solution, and present the complete project plan
- Act as a primary point of contact throughout the project implementation
- Generate and maintain documentation that supports the collection, management, and reporting of all project related information
- Develop, document and distribute contingency plans for critical events
- Act as an escalation point for Deployment Managers and Deployment Engineers.
- Provide regular updates and keep project stakeholders informed throughout the project
- Drive customers to extend the utilization of 8x8 solution within their enterprises.
- Work with customers via telephone and attending on-site meetings when necessary
- Maintain constant communication with the customer, identify potential issues in advance, and drive appropriate solutions
- Follow up with the customer, ensuring that all products and services are delivered on time, and are working as intended
- Serve as liaison between customers, partners, 8x8 operations, and on-site support service vendors
- Manage the scheduled activities of the deployment staff, reviewing and evaluating their work according to the project requirements
- Respond promptly to all customer communication, providing the best possible service experience
- BS/BA in engineering, telecommunications or similar field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a telecommunications, technology, or IT field
- 5+ years’ experience in program management in enterprise envoiroments
- Proven ability to work with teams of professionals with diverse technical and business backgrounds
- Ability to plan and manage logistics involving multiple teams
- Superior technical and business problem-solving skills
- Experience interfacing with business clients, support groups and 3rd parties
- Proven experience working with project management techniques and tools
- General working knowledge of VoIP and Network technologies
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that include the ability to respond to changing needs and shifting priorities while minimizing project impact
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills