8x8 Engineering is looking for a Software Engineer who has a strong passion for innovation, developing state of art communications software solutions, solving complex and interesting problems and developing SaaS and PaaS cloud solutions.
- Work with product management and other stake holders and develop design/architecture specifications.
- Hands on contribution to the development of the SaaS based application.
- Design the product with focus on usability, efficiency and scalability.
- Take ownership of modules and ensure that it is delivered timely with superior quality.
- 3+ years of experience in the design and development of large enterprise class projects (scalable, distributed, multithreaded, asynchronous I/O software).
- Strong JAVA Developer with OO fundamentals and experience, C++ a plus.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- SOA, Messaging (JMS, ActiveMQ, CORBA, etc), Middle Tier Development, XML, Web Services.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working with continuous integration environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course (based on business drivers).
- Experience developing applications on Linux and/or UNIX.
- Ability to develop quick proof of concepts.
- VOIP applications development, SIP applications Development, Media Server experience.
- Exposure to RESTFUL, SOAP and WSDL.
- Experience with HTML, J2EE Servlets, GWT, Ruby.
- Experience working with offshore teams.