8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) based in San Jose, CA is the provider of the world's first Communications Cloud that combines unified communications, team collaboration, contact center, and analytics in a single, open and real-time platform. 8x8 eliminates information silos to expose vital, real-time intelligence across multiple clouds, applications and devices to improve individual and team productivity, business performance and customer experience.
The company is experiencing tremendous growth and seeking a highly motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Sr Finance Manager driving pricing, ad-hoc deal analysis, leadership scorecard and dashboard. It is an exciting time to join the small but high energy Finance team at 8x8. We help senior business leaders frame decision quantitatively, including investment and strategic priorities.
This role is located at our San Jose Headquarters.
Decision Support and Business Partnership
- This is individual contributor but senior role that is highly visible and critical role driving key pricing, ad-hoc analysis for deals and forward-looking scorecard/metrics for organization. The individual will partner closely with CFO/Senior leaders in driving key decisions impacting top and bottom-line numbers.
- Able to work independently, pull data from different sources including sales force. Analyze/parse data and create/deliver intuitive stories using variety to metrics, data and analysis.
- Provide thought leadership, think critically in a structured fashion, translate leadership discussions into an analytical decision-making framework.
- Trusted Advisor who can identify and bridge acceptable scenario options, employ quantitative and qualitative approaches to decision framework.
Pricing and Deal Analysis
- Understand and manage the competing priorities of Competitive Pricing – Maximizing Top/Bottom-line - Smooth Sales Execution. Strong understanding of the SAAS business models and Enterprise/Commercial Deal structuring and pricing.
- Expert at ad-hoc modelling, building back of envelop calculations, excel pivots, lookups, in pulling together a quick 360’ decision framework for leadership team that is in the best interest of 8x8 and customer.
- Review complex deals, create ad-hoc analysis, impact to P&L, recommend decision framework to executive teams in a short time-frame.
- Work closely with marketing and pricing teams to competitively benchmark 8x8 products and pricing strategies and corporate goals.
- Work closely with a cross functional team from Finance, Legal, Operations, and Marketing teams to develop a deal strategy play book and standard innovative deal structures that is scalable and repeatable
- Create guardrails and other operational/executional tools to ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies. Drive pricing committee and other related discussions from a global perspective.
- Identify sales process improvements and training or re-training opportunities for sales team based on guardrail adjustments.
Leadership Metrics / Scorecard
- Conceptualize leadership end-to-end funnel scorecard including marketing, sales, deploy, support and product functions
- Partner with BI Team to build insightful, intuitive scorecards that makes it easy to visualize complex data and helps leadership team frame decisions quantitatively.
- Use scorecard/metrics in driving discussions, advocating decisions, investment and strategic priorities with leadership team. Able to work independently, identify issues proactively based on trends/metrics and recommend solutions, create decision frameworks for senior leaders.
- 10+ years or more of corporate finance with a strong mix of skills in SAAS, Sales Finance, strategic and ad-hoc analysis, sales deal approvals, pricing strategy, deal support
- Experience in deal structuring and complex domestic/international pricing is preferred.
- Superior analytical background with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent scenario modeling experience in excel
- Superior and effective communication skills, including written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and organizational skills
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred but not required