8x8 is a leader in Unified Communications as a Service. We are growing pretty fast - and we are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about taking business communication experience to the next level.
As as a Product Manager UC Desktop, you will be working with star engineers, designers and product managers in a fast paced environment to create next generation Unified Communication solution for Desktops.
The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, deep passion for user experience, bold innovation and a high design bar.
- Identify, validate & prioritize opportunities to create value and differentiation
- Articulate the requirements in a compelling way - with user stories, mockups, over the napkin sketches, or whatever works
- Work collaboratively with designers & engineers to deliver the “Wow” experience
- Break down complex problems into a series of ‘minimum viable product’ capabilities, and deliver through fast paced sprints
- Glean insights from observing users, and users’ feedback, and turn into actionable improvements
- Lead the cross-functional team in getting the product in the hands of the user
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years of Product management or design experience with a focus on desktop/web software products and technologies.
- 2 years of developing desktop apps
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- Laser sharp focus on ‘getting it done’
- Never ending desire to grow and learn
- Experience with fast paced agile development cycle
- MBA or MS in Engineering
- 5 years of experience with communication & collaboration products and cloud based services
- Experience working in startups a plus
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Experience evolving the product capabilities and experience through A/B testing & KPI metrics
- Familiarity with tools like Balsamic & JIRA