Title: Sr Director Procurement
Location: San Jose Headquarters
8x8 Inc. (NYSE:EGHT)based in San Jose, CA is the provider of the world's first Communications Cloud that combines unified communications, team collaboration, contact center, and analytics in a single, open and real-time platform. 8x8 eliminates information silos to expose vital, real-time intelligence across multiple clouds, applications and devices to improve individual and team productivity, business performance and customer experience. The company is experiencing tremendous growth and seeking a highly motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Sr.Director Procurement driving the company’s procurement efforts. It is an exciting time to join the Finance team at 8x8.
The Sr Director of Procurement will work with critical stakeholders across the company to provide the best value goods and services that enable 8x8 to achieve its goals. You will lead, develop and refine our global procurement strategy and business processes that improve scalability and customer service. You will implement corporate procurement initiatives that meet the goals of 8x8, our current spend plan and purchasing needs. You will develop scalable policies, processes and tools that enable fast decisions and a high level of service. You will utilize your deep understanding of all aspects of procurement to continuously improve the status quo. Most importantly, you will build and develop a small but efficient worldwide team.
- Oversee all aspects of the sourcing cycle from cradle to grave, including demand and stakeholder management, market research / supply analytics, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery and ongoing performance management as well as dispute management
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in developing a strategic sourcing process, vendor evaluations, commercial negotiations and cost saving
- Ensure fast action while ensuring compliance
- Ensure maximum value by utilizing spend analytics to identify opportunities to streamline and consolidate spend
- Create and monitor key performance criteria
- Lead implementation of key policies and tools, including updated travel and expense policy
- Lead and implement policies and procedures for corporate credit card program, mobile phone program, etc.
- Create a culture of continual improvement
- Cultivate long-term supplier relationships for procurement
- Create and execute projects through continual development of templates, methodologies and processes related to pricing, return on investment & management strategies
- At least 15+ years of relevant experience preferably with software companies. Bachelor's degree in Business or Procurement is required (MBA preferred)
- Experience scaling a purchasing organization from one contributor
- Previous success managing spend within budget and building a Sourcing / Procurement team
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities with minimum guidance
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Start-up mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- SaaS, UCaaS, and/or NetSuite ERP experience a plus