As a Senior Solutions Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for bringing to market offerings developed and packaged with strategic partners; including creation and execution of the marketing strategy to ensure offerings deliver exceptional value and delight customers at every touchpoint. This role owns creation and execution of the go-to-market strategy, launch plans, positioning and messaging for the business and product and/or services releases, and owns the "voice of the product", ensuring correct communication of the positioning and messaging for the product in the market through collaboration with other marketing and sales teams. The position defines competitive information needs and acts as subject matter expert on selling against the competition in addition to being a subject matter expert in one or more Solutions Marketing areas, and may act as a spokesperson for the company at industry events.
In the Senior Solutions Marketing Manager role, you will use a number of outlets in order to evangelize 8x8's position in the marketplace including blogging, social media, the web site, press, industry events, presentations, data sheets, white papers, videos, primary and secondary research and customer case studies. You will work closely with senior product management leadership and functional departments including Demand Generation, Product Management, and Sales to proactively support the field and partner channels with effective positioning, marketing assets, product education, and competitive differentiation.
- Identify, develop and maintain market knowledge such as buyer ecosystem and personas that help define placement and the value of the 8x8 Solutions you manage. Define purchase motivators, use case scenarios and customer problems to enhance and maintain competitive differentiation points for sales, to inform product decisions and create preference with buyers.
- Understand how customers are using the product. Observe native habits and use these conversations/visits to determine how the product (and pending enhancements) should be positioned/messaged for each relevant persona.
- Develop product value propositions, positioning and messaging that define the brand, differentiate 8x8 vs competitors and demonstrate relevance to the target buyers. Translate product specific features into benefit positioning and messaging for buyers and users in terms that they understand, care about, and are willing to pay for.
- Develop launch plans and create and deploy marketing materials and collateral specifically designed for each stage of the buyer's journey and key personas. Translate technical capabilities into benefits to create value statements/FAQ’s/proof points/demos/misc.,presentations, etc.). Disseminate information in a way that will ensure consistent messaging and understanding across internal teams and existing/prospective customers.
- Facilitate and oversee content creation for critical product related topics, in the form of ebooks, blogs, articles, videos, podcasts and digital marketing assets desgined to build awareness, consideration and preference for you products and demonstrate thought leadership that accelerates awareness and adoption of 8x8's Solutions.
- Ensure sales, partners, internal teams can successfully evangelize the product with accurate and up-to-date sales tools and content relevant to each stage of the buyers journey.
- Collaborate with Sales teams to provide Solutions Marketing support where needed including product roadmap reviews, case studies, ROI proof points, web content, etc., to increase pipeline volume and velocity for the products you represent.
- Closely collaborate with product management and product marketing to help shape the product roadmap based on feedback and experience from interactions with customers, prospects, partners, analysts, and industry experts
- Actively participate in development of the business case for new product development and specifically contribute to the go-to-market component that includes distrbution, market size, target persona, competitive landscape. Ensure alignment with sales quota.
- Establish a leading online presence for your solution.
- Drive primary research, segmentation analysis and 1:1 customer interviews that underpin thought leadership and product specific content development. Own competitive intelligence and analysis for your product line, including win-loss, competitive positioning.
- Evangelize your products, Solutions and best practices to support closing deals through product presentations and demonstrations to the field and customers (tradeshows, road shows, customer briefings, webinars).
- 8+ years of Product Marketing or Solutions Marketing experience, ideally with a SaaS solution provider.
- Excellent knowledge of Solutions Marketing and/or Product Management practices
- Excellent problem solving, presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, creative team atmosphere
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Solutions Marketing Experience: Direct experience with SaaS, communication solutions/Unified Communications (UCC) or creating solutions with larger software solution partners preferred.
- Must be available to work in the US
- BS or BA degree. MBA preferred.
- Travel Expectation: up to 30%