Platform Architect/Principal Engineer
8x8, Inc. a leader in the business communications services is developing next generation Cloud based unified communication technologies. To handle large scale of cloud based unified communication solution, it requires technology from just about every area of computer science, including distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, database, security, user interface design, etc.
8x8 Engineering is looking for a Senior Platform Architect to play a key role in defining architecture and implementing key pieces of the 8x8 Unified Communications Platform. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for innovation, extensive experience with large scale SaaS systems, and deep knowledge of micro service architecture and technologies.
- Passionate about designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Have 10-20 years of experience in software development and production operations
- Comfortable logging in to troubleshoot linux machines within complex distributed systems
- Believe that Infrastructure as Code is the right way to manage production systems
- Have systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience with a variety of Public and Private Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes) and are familiar with the industry landscape and trends
- Experience building RESTful services
- Deep understanding of micro services concepts
- Experience using SDKs from one or more of the Public Clouds
8x8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT) is the trusted provider of secure and reliable enterprise cloud communications solutions to more than 45,000 businesses operating in over 100 countries across six continents. 8x8's out-of-the-box cloud solutions replace traditional on-premises PBX hardware and software-based systems with a flexible and scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) alternative, encompassing cloud business phone service, contact center solutions, and conferencing.
In today’s competitive market 8x8 continues to deliver service excellence, with a consistent, innovative, cohesive, progressive and dynamic culture.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.