Sales Engineering Manager
*Open to anyone located in the Central Region*
The 8x8 Sales Engineering Manager leads sales engineering through all new and add on sales engagements. This individual will direct the activities and goals of the Sales Engineering team. He/ She will work closely with Sales Directors to qualify prospective clients for 8x8 products and services within North America. This individual will manage the response and delivery of Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP). In addition to coordinating with the Head of Sales, he/she will also work closely with relationship management for add on opportunities. This individual will facilitate the communication of information gained during sales process back to product management. This role will also provide guidance/mentoring to sales engineers.
The role requires a high degree of organization as it often involves managing many opportunities at once. A deep understanding of the UCaaS and CCaaS.
Key member of the customer facing sales team having primary responsibility to lead a team of up to roughly 10 pre-sales engineering resources for all 8x8 products and services. This role will interact directly with all levels of management on customer accounts. One of the goals of a Sales Engineering Manager at 8x8 is to ensure the constant advancement of the Sales Engineers in their skills and knowledge to effectively compete in a global marketplace.
- Hire and Lead a world-class team focused on delivering a unique, differentiated customer experience
- Partner with the team to evaluate new technical solutions to meet or exceed prospect and customer requirements
- Build development plans for team members to ensure successful onboarding and continuing education of the team
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Balance the workload of the Sales Engineering team in concert with input from the Account Executives and Regional Sales Leaders
- Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to Sales Engineers, and in turn to prospects and customers
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- Support and participate with the Sales Engineers in performing advanced technical presentations for customers, and prospects, remotely and in-person
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of all 8x8 applications and products
- Represent 8x8 at conferences, industry, and sales events
- Responsible of managing Channel Partner Sales Engineers relationship, on-boarding, and ongoing partner training
Qualifications & Skills:
- 7+ years of experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Sales Engineer in a unified communication, or equivalent, relevant experience in SaaS
- 5+ years of management experience in unified communications.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership to the account team and engineers
- Ability to teach other members of the team and effectively manage a team of highly skilled Sales Engineers
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams
- Ability to apply solutions, technology, and products to a business opportunity.
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned region