This position will work with the Director of Tax and Tax Manager on various tax projects.
- Assist with preparation of income tax returns and tax provision, including gathering data and preparation of workpapers.
- Assist with month end JE’s related to sales & use tax and preparation of account reconciliations.
- Assist with ongoing tax audits, including working with systems team to pull and validating the data.
- Assist with maintaining customer exemption certificates.
- Assist with implementation of new tax billing engine.
- Assist with preparation of business license renewals and filing of annual reports.
- Assist with responding to various tax notices.
- Assist with various ad hoc tax projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in tax, accounting or finance
- Strong initiative, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience.
- Experience working with NetSuite or other ERP environment is beneficial.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Excel in particular
- 1 – 3 years of accounting and or tax experience
- 20 to 30 hours per week starting in January through March 2019